Municipal Closures and Service Updates
(As of 9:30 a.m. May 11, 2021)
Due to increasing cases of COVID-19 and the return of province-wide restrictions, we have implemented new measures to stay safe, help stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect others.
As of April 28, wearing a non-medical mask is required for anyone 2 years old or older and is required outdoors when a physical distance of 2 metres (6 feet) can’t be consistently maintained, including playgrounds and parks.
Information about wearing a non-medical mask can be found here.
- All indoor facilities are closed to the public.
- All outdoor facilities (playgrounds, trails, beaches, sports fields, tennis courts, etc.) will stay open and we encourage residents to use them in their household bubbles. No bookings are required to use the facilities but we ask they use caution when busy.
- All recreation programming and activities have been cancelled until further notice.
- The municipal pool is being prepared for the summer and will be ready to open when permitted. details about booking and availability will be released soon.
- We encourage you to follow our the Recreation Department's Facebook page for recreation activities and department updates at https://www.facebook.com/BarringtonRecreation/
- As of April 28, all indoor facilities, including the Municipal Administrative Centre are closed to the public.
- Municipal Staff will continue to be available by phone or email. You can reach us by phone at 902-637-2015 or 1-877-815-7809, by email at and online at www.barringtonmunicipality.com.
- Property Services will continue to maintain municipal infrastruture, monitor wastewater facilities, perform testing, clean garbage, perform regular landscaping and maintenance and maintain roads.
- The municipal Construction & Demolition sure will remain open tduring its regular operating hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Saturdays 8:00 a.m. - 12 noon.
- Weekly curbside waste collection continues as normal.
- Urgent building inspections will be prioritized and completed. If you have an urgent building inspection or dangerous premises inspection, please call (902) 635-1296.
Finance & Taxation
- The "interim bill" was issued on April 6 and the payment deadline is May 15.
- Although we are open to the public, taxes can be paid online through your banking institution by searching for “Barrington” as a payee, through our website at https://ipn.paymentus.com/rotp/mob or by phone through your financial institution. You can also mail your payment or place it in the outside drop box at the main entance of the Municipal Administrative Centre.
- No in-person visits or appointments will be scheduled until at least June 1.
- The Income Tax Program has been closed. If you still need your income tax filed, please use our drop boxes located by the main entrances at the Barrington Municipality office. They ask that you put all documents in a secure envelope with your name, phone number and date of birth. If you need assistance please call 1-800-565-0397
Fire & Emergency Management
- Local fire departments are implementing safety precautions and measures to keep all members safe. Members are being closely monitored and have kept the Municipality apprised of their status and adjusted response protocols that have been initiated.
- For more information on any emergency mangement of fire related inquiry, please contact Dwayne Hunt at .
For More Information