Information for Voters
The next regular election will be held October 21, 2024. Here you will find information on the requirements of being a voter as well as all of the infornation related to polling stations and voting day.
Who can vote in Municipal Elections?
- You qualify to vote if you meet all of the following conditions:
- You are 18 years of age or older and a Canadian citizen on the fist advance polling day;
- You have been ordinarily resident in Nova Scotia for 6 months immediately before the first advance polling day;
- You are ordinarily resident in the Municipality of Barrington and have been so since immediately before the first advance polling day; and
- You are not otherwise disqualified to vote in the Municipal elections.
You are considered a disqualified person for the purpose of a municipal election if you are:
- the municipal Returning Officer
- a person serving a sentence in a penal or reform institution
- a person who has been convicted of bribery under this Act in the six years preceding ordinary polling day