All applications can be picked up at the Building Inspection Office located in the Municipal Building.
Building Permit Application Requirements
An application for a Building Permit including Building, Additions, Repairs, Alterations, or Improvements must be accompanied by all of the following information. It is important to note that it is the responsibility of the owner/builder to ensure that all construction complies with the requirements of the Provincial Building Code. If submitted building plans do not contain adequate information to enable staff to thoroughly access your project, revisions and/or additional information may be required before a Building Permit will be issued.
Demolition Permit Application Requirements
An application for a Demolition Permit includes any building or structure that is going to be removed or demolished from a property. It is the responsibility of the owner/contractor to ensure that the site is left in a safe condition and all debris has been removed from the site and properly disposed of. All demolition must meet the requirements of the Provincial Building Code.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be approved.
Complete Application Checklist. In order to avoid delays in receiving your Permit please ensure that your application contains all the following information:
- Completed Building /Demolition Permit Application Form in triplicate
- Payment payable to Municipality of Barrington to cover the cost of the permit fee;
- One (1) copy of the site plan; if applicable
- One (1) set of Building Plans;
- Approvals from Nova Scotia Environment and/or Transportation and Infrastructure and Renewal (if applicable)