Welcome to the Fire Services for the Municipality of the District of Barrington
Fire Services Coordinator
Phone: (902) 637-2015
Fax: (902) 637-2075
Fire Departments serving the Municipality
Barrington/Port La Tour Volunteer Fire Department
165 Villagedale Road
Comp 3, Box 11, Barrington N S, B0W-1E0
Island Barrington Passage Volunteer Fire Department
1081 Route 330,
P O Box 106, McGray’s Post Office NS, B0W-2G0
Wood’s Harbour/Shag Harbour Volunteer Fire Department
6883 Highway #3
P O Box 156, Woods Harbour N S, B0W-2E0
The fire department in the Municipality participates in many community events making our community a better place to live.
Fire prevention is very important to our Fire Departments and we believe in going out to the schools and enforcing through education. The benefits of good fire prevention activities such as “Stop, Drop & Roll”, “Escape Drills in the Home (EDITH)”, and “Have Two Ways Out” to name a few.
All Departments are dedicated to improving, and preserving the quality of life, property, and the environment through education, leadership, and effective response to emergencies.
All Departments shall provide their communities with exemplary service while sharing the responsibility with the citizens to develop safe communities.
In order to carry out their mission Departments shall:
- Protect and preserve, life and property from fire, the threat of fire, and or any other emergency to their best ability,
- Promote and encourage Fire Prevention to further an understanding of the dangers of fire,
- Acquire by way of grant, gift, purchase, bequest, or otherwise, real or personal property to use and apply,
- Buy, own, hold, lease, mortgage, sell, and convey such real and personal property as may be necessary or desirable,
- Employ companies, services, and individuals as may be necessary or desirable,
- Through mutual aid, agreements support and assist other departments and agencies.