Construction and Demolition Debris Disposal Site
The Construction and Demolition Debris Disposal Site is located at 1138 Clements Pond, Highway 103.
Hours of Operation
April 1st - November 30th
Monday - Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday – 8:00 a.m. - Noon
December 1st - March 31st
Monday – Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Every 2nd and 4th Saturday – 8:00 a.m. – Noon
The site is closed on Sundays and Holidays.
Items accepted are as follows
- Christmas Trees
- Insulation (Pink)
- Lobster Traps*
- Tires (rims removed)
*Items are accepted for recycling purpose
Residents or agents depositing waste from the Town of Clark’s Harbour and the Municipality of Barrington will be charged as follows. If waste is being transported to site by non resident then resident must be on site when the waste is being deposited.
Sorted Material – No charge
Non-Sorted Material- $60.00/tonne, plus HST – effective Jan. 1, 2011
Non-Residents depositing waste from outside the Town or Municipality will be charged as per the fee schedule below:
Sorted Material - $48.50/tonne, plus HST
Non-Sorted Material- - $115.00/tonne, plus HST
Minimum Charge - $2.00, plus HST
Mulch can be purchased on site for $11.30 per ½ ton truck load.
Household Hazardous Waste Depot
Located at C & D Debris Landfill Site - 1138 Clements Pond, Highway 103.
Acid and Rechargeable Batteries
(The Ridge Road Enviro Depot is Oak Park also accepts ATV, boat and car batteries)
- Corrosive Cleaners
- Fuel Oil
- Solvents & Thiners
- Propane Tanks (20lbs or less)
Acceptance of oil barrels at the C & D Landfill is subject to them being open in some way for inspection to ensure that there is no oil present. This can be done by cutting the barrels in half or by cutting an opening in the barrel large enough for easy inspection.
- Unused Motor Oil (or contact your oil retailer for the location of the Used Drop-Off site near you)
- Aerosol Cans containing Hazardous Substances
- Liquid Paint (Paint can also be returned to an ENVIRO DEPOT)
Other Disposal Methods
- Tires (rims removed) can be returned, up to 4 at a time, to any tire retailer in Nova Scotia
- Pharmaceuticals and drugs – please contact your local Pharmacy for proper disposal instructions.
- Propane tanks larger than 20lbs. – must go back to the distributor (Speedy, Superior, etc.)
For more information contact the Municipal Office at 902-637-2015.