Building Inspection Department
The inspection department is responsible for:
- All aspects of Building and Demolition, including but not limited to, issuing permits and carrying out required inspections
- Civic Numbering: issuing new civic numbers and maintaining existing ones.
- Fire inspections: protection of life and property through the prevention of fire
- Subdivisions: review and approve subdivisions
- Development and Zoning: ensure that all development and zoning in the Municipality of Barrington meets applicable by-laws
Property inspections are carried out when permits are issued for construction, demolition, or significant building alterations.
David Andrews – Building Inspector/Development Officer/Fire Inspector
Phone (902) 637-2015 Fax (902)637-2075
Thelma Ross – Building Inspector Secretary
Phone (902) 637-2015
(When applying for permits, forms must be be obtained from the Building Inspection Dept.)